No More Contests?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Not that I've seen in a while ... but those are only the people who have posted anything in say the last six months. There may well be others still visiting from time to time.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Wookiee Cookiee (Erica) is my significant other, so I can assure you she is still around. :p However, she is on the site sporadically. She and I are both on facebook, if you are looking to stay in contact more frequently, just send me a pm. I try to post Collectible articles whenever I can, but have had computer issues this past year, which curtailed my posting activities for a while. The site's big prize contests usually came from online store sponsors, which pretty much dried up when the prequel craze passed and many online shops and collecting sites disappeared. The last few contests we did Erica and I sponsored ourselves, using items we picked up on clearance or freebies acquired at Star Wars celebrations. Sadly, shipping got extremely expensive sending out all sort of prizes, even small ones, so we weren't able financially to keep that up long. :(

However, we are both still very in to Star Wars, and still enjoy the online community. If you are willing to stick around and talk Star Wars, I'm more than happy to talk Star Wars too. :)

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Wookiee Cookiee (Erica) is my significant other, so I can assure you she is still around. :p However, she is on the site sporadically. She and I are both on facebook, if you are looking to stay in contact more frequently, just send me a pm. I try to post Collectible articles whenever I can, but have had computer issues this past year, which curtailed my posting activities for a while. The site's big prize contests usually came from online store sponsors, which pretty much dried up when the prequel craze passed and many online shops and collecting sites disappeared. The last few contests we did Erica and I sponsored ourselves, using items we picked up on clearance or freebies acquired at Star Wars celebrations. Sadly, shipping got extremely expensive sending out all sort of prizes, even small ones, so we weren't able financially to keep that up long. :(

However, we are both still very in to Star Wars, and still enjoy the online community. If you are willing to stick around and talk Star Wars, I'm more than happy to talk Star Wars too. :)

Ah, so it is you Warren. I have Erica on Facebook and I've heard her talk about you from time to time. I had no idea you were both footing the bill on some of these contests.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yep, that's me :) Yeah, the last few were all on us, and were a lot of fun....but are just a little pricey, even when giving away freebies or clearance items. We'll look into it again after Celebration Anaheim. Maybe if we can score some nice loot we can look into a contest or two. We weren't able to get much at CVI....there weren't that many freebies or they were much more limited in quantity.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
My recollection is that almost everything provided by the sponsors went directly towards prizes for contests. Typically, the sponsors provided merchandise (not $$). Dealing with sponsors was really AmShak's arena. I believe AmShak provided prizes out of his own pocket/collection as well.

All that being said, interest in Star Wars really seemed to die out after the 3rd prequel movie (it certainly did for me). And with that activity fading out, the contests went away as well.

We have a new home page (http://www.thebothanspy.com) and the old interview section (http://www.thebothanspy.com/interviews) has been resurrected. If activity picks back up with the upcoming movie, it's possible that we'll be able to resume some of the old things we did, such as contests.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
I have a few Star Wars items (stickers, cards etc) that I don't want. Maybe I could do some contests on here, so they go to another home rather than throwing them out?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
You are welcome to do any sort of contest or game you want. :) Although currently we have very little traffic here...so don't be surprised if there is only a little bit of participation. On a side note, if you have anything exclusive to Australia or non-US, I might be interested in adding it to my collection. :D I'm curious to here what you have.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
I have numerous Prequel era Kellogs cereal Star Wars stickers as well as TPM chip cards and AotC collector cards including the widescreen ones. Interested? If so, I can take some photos for you.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
tumblr_ltg8olAd8d1qj74sxo1_500.gif