What would you pick for your top 10 best DVD release's?

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
What I should really be asking is, which movies do you think offered the best all-around bang-for-your-buck, DVD releases?

I would have to say (this is a hard one!):
1/ EP1 - TPM
2/ Fight Club - Special Edition
3/ Seven - Special Edition
4/ Gladiator
5/ Manhunter - Special Edition
6/ Silence Of The Lambs - Criterion Edition
7/ T2 - Special Edition
8/ Alien Legacy set
9/ Leon (The Proffesional)
10/ hmmmmmm.............?????

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Ooooh, good question..

I don't have too many DVDs, but I'll put down my faves with the best extras.

TPM DVD
Terminator 2 :cool:
The Sixth Sense
Charlie's Angels
Weird Al Yankovic Live!:stupid:

Also, the X-Files DVD box sets have some nice extras on them :)

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Thumbs up!

Thanks for the reply wookiee_cookiee... I totally forgot about Sixth Sense. I thought they did an excellent job with that release!

I still have to find some time to see the new "Unbreakable" special edition set... I hope it will be good!

I think from now on, we will be seeing some great DVD sets coming out. Hopefully, this EP1 set will be the basis for all future releases.
The T2 set was amazing! I keep finding new things everytime I watch it!

I do sometimes go back and watch my old laserdiscs... The Alien and Aliens special edition box sets were increadible!

richkulach

New Recruit
it hurts to think this much

Wow. Top Ten. I can hear the Letterman music in the background now.

So, from the home office up in Regina, Saskatchewan, here is todays top ten list:
10)American Pie-Ultimate Edition(with free pie 2 coupon)
9)Gone in 60 Seconds
8)Dude, Where's my Car? (Shibby)
7)Clerks-Carton
6)Simpsons-Series 1
5)Gladiator
4)Mallrats-Collectors Edition
3)Se7en-special edition
2)Fight Club
and...what else...Oh yeah!
1)EP1(what else)

-=smash=-
:cflag:
richkulach

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
From the Death Star

Mmmmmmmm....you Dudes make it tough on me by listing all the good ones. The Deathstar is now showing the following:

1. Excalibur-"Are you the Mother and the Father of the Baby now Merlin?" Love this movie!
2. Croching Tiger, Hidden Dragons
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. American History X
5. Matrix-Hello Neo!
6. Ronin
7. Vampires
8. Blade Runner
9. Double Jeopardy
10. Shan-Po and Ying-Tai Chinese Love Musical from the 1960's

:scatter:

Talon

New Recruit
Being fairly new to the DVD scene I can't really answer this. But, I will list my favorite DVD's that I own.

1) Star Wars - The Phantom Menace
2) American Pie
3) The Emperor's New Groove
4) Gladiator
5) The Matrix

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
WEW!! NOW YOU GUYS HAVE GOTTEN ME THINKING. BEING A BIG DVD COLLECTOR, THESE ARE I BELIEVE, THE BEST TEN DVDs I HAVE COME ACROSS AND OWN . READY...SET...GO:
1- EP1 "THE PHANTOM MENACE" (THIS OBVIOUS STUFF, I KNOW)
2- "THE MATRIX" . FEATURES "FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT" AND "TAKE THE RED PILLS" ALSOGREAT INTERACTIVE MENUS.
3-" THE ABYSS" SPECIAL EDITION. 28 MINUTES OF ADDITIONAL FOOTAGE. AWESOME MENU GRAPHICS.
4-"INDEPENDANCE DAY" SPECIAL EDITION. 9 MINUTES OF RESTORED FOOTAGE. INCREDIBLE MENU GRAPHICS.
5-"TERMINATOR 2" THE ULTIMATE EDITION. THIS THING HAS OVER FORTY SPECIAL FEATURES AND NEVER BEFORE SEEN FOOTAGE. LOADED!!
6-"TOTAL RECALL" SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION. COMES PACKED IN A TIN BOX SHAPED AS PLANET MARS. INCLUDES THREE DIFFERENT VIRTUAL VACATION SCREENS.
7-"THE EXORCIST". AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE. THIS NEW VERSION INCLUDES 11 MINUTES OF DELETED IMAGES. GOT TO LOVE THE NEWLY ADDED SCENE WITH LINDA BLAIR WALKING BACKWARDS DOWN THE STAIRS!
8-"CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND" THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION. INCLUDES 11 DELETED SCENES AND GREAT GRAPHICS.
9-"THE ALIEN LEGACY" 20th ANNIVERSARY EDITION. WOW!!! AWESOME MENU GRAPHICS AND LOADED WITH FEATURES FOR ALL 4 FILMS. A MUST HAVE FOR ANY SCI-FI HORROR LOVER.
10-"GONE IN 60 SECONDS". VERY FAST PACED MENUS WITH GREAT GRAPHICS AND "THE CULT" MUSIC VIDEO.
THERE YOU HAVE THEM..NOW I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THE UPCOMING "WILLOW," "ET" (NEXT YEAR), AND THE NEW "PLANET OF THE APES"..ALTHOUGH THE FIRST VERSION WILL STILL BE MY FAVORITE... LATER DUDES!
:p

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Looking for.........

Just a question for my DVD Buddies. Has anyone seen the DVD release of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD? I saw an expanded version of the flick a few weeks ago on the dish. Had the prison and execution scenes prior to the graveyard scene that the origional movie opened with. Also several added scenes on how some of the DEAD did die. Sounds morbid I know! Just wondering if it was released on DVD? LMK Thanks:

Barada

Saboteur
Well, I just bought my DVD player when I bought Episode I, so I have only a limited selection to choose from. Here's the list from my perspective.

1. T2 - Ultimate Edition - I know this is sacreligious on this site, but I think that although I liked Menace more as a movie, this DVD offers more for your money. Three versions of the movie on one disc? I wish George did that!

2. Episode I
3. Planet of the Apes (2001)
4. Jurassic Park Collector's Edition (DTS)
5. Alien
6. The Terminator Special Edition
7. The Thing (1982)
8. Aliens

Barada

Yoda Man

New Recruit
1. Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition)
2. AOTC
3. TPM
4. FOTR
5. Tomb Raider
6. Dinosaur (Collecter's Edition)
7. Shrek
8. Toy Story 2-Pack
9. Batman and Robin
10. Monsters Inc

Nightwing

New Recruit
In no order:

Fellowship of the Ring: Special Edition
Fight Club
Trainspotting: The Definitive Edition(R2)
Akira: Special Edition
Se7en
Monty Python & the Holy Grail: Special Edition
Memento: Limited Edition
Army of Darkness(R2)
Beastie Boys Video Anthology- Criterion Collection
Dead Ringers- Criterion Collection

Soon to be added
Indiana Jones and the Alien Quadrilogy boxed sets

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Wow....Yodamans bumpin' threads!!!

I havent seen any of these movies besides ep1, and the professional.

so I dont have any say in this trhread.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
1. The Phantom Menace
2. Attack of the Clones
3. Battlestar Galactica
4. Battle Beyond the Stars
5. ... err

Sorry, I only have those four DVDs - and no DVD player. :(

Edit: Corrected name of DVD #4. :)