Star Wars Rebels 3 3/4 Action Figures

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Has anyone seen any of the new Star Wars Rebels figures in stores? I've been hunting high and low in Australia but can't find anything, I may need to buy online.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I haven't been going out much the last few months, but I haven't seen them here in New Zealand yet either. I've seen some Rebels-branded Lego sets, lightsabres, and a few Dorling Kindersley kiddy and sticker books, but that's about all.

Edit: I just had a quick look on the Stars Wars NZ forum and some people started reporting on Friday last week that they had found and bought the Rebels figures at a few different Toyworld branches over here. I think that's the same chain as in Australia, so might be worth checking a branch if there's one near you. (Toyworld does have inflated prices though.)

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
I've only seen the two Star Wars Rebels sets (Which I've bought) as well as the sticker books. If they are showing up in NZ, it shouldn't be long until they arrive here then. I have a Toyworld down the road so I'll have to contact them and find out. I'll check their website too and see if I can order online. Cheers.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Toyworld and Toys 'R' Us in Australia have said Star Wars Rebels figures are out October 11th. This is no doubt to coincide with the televised premiere on October 13th.

I'm just after the main crew in 3 3/4 (except Sabine) and A New Dawn in paperback.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
New Dawn was released in hardback in September. We won't see it in paperback until probably late next year (at the earliest). :(

The premiere episode played on Sky TV's Disney channel here last Friday (3 October) - I recorded it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I can't see the series episodes listed in the local TV Guide for next week ... then again, Sky TV listings are always utterly hopeless, even their own on-screen ones often don't match what's being played! Sky TV's own SkyWatch magazine doesn't even list Disney channel schedules and there was no announcement news on the kids' channel pages in the October issue.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
October 13th is the premiere in the US on standard TV. Looks like for the regular episodes, you may have to look into alternative ways of viewing. No doubt it's not showing up for you (As well as me), because the regular episodes are on Disney XD in the US and that's a paid channel IIRC.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The Disney Channel on Sky TV is a paid channel too, in the sense that it's part of the "Basic" Sky TV subscription package.

The Clone Wars series was a Cartoon Network show (also part of Sky TV's "Basic" package), but the first season or two actually played here in New Zealand on the free-to-air TV3 channel ... although TV3 has goine down the toilet and lost a lot of their studio contracts.

Sky TV does own the free-to-air Prime channel over here, so potentially they could perhaps put it on there, but that doesn't really have any kids' programming as such (it does get Doctor Who first).

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
We've got lots of Rebels product here in the US (bedding, clothing, large figures and role play accessories, legos), but I have yet to see any action figures yet. Figure distribution in the US has been really limited lately, so figures are shipping slowly.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
We've got lots of Rebels product here in the US (bedding, clothing, large figures and role play accessories, legos), but I have yet to see any action figures yet. Figure distribution in the US has been really limited lately, so figures are shipping slowly.

Sounds like Hasbro is being cautious on figures after the prequels.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Possibly more due to the Disney take-over - contracts being re-negotiated, one show being cancelled and a new one starting, etc. Hasbro might have had a pile of Clone Wars figures in the works (for example) and cancelled those to start on Rebels figures instead.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, you can see the fall-out in the figure lines to some extent....and typical overstocking of early waves leading to later waves never shipping. The black series small figures have suffered heavily from peg-warmer status to no-figure status here. I suppose that is better than a constant glut of wave 1 figures, but I wish you could just buy what you want from wave, let it sell through, and wait for the next wave to come out. :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The peg warmers again comes back at least partly to Hasbro's idiotic packing system where they short-pack some figures and over-pack others. If they simply and sensibly had cases that were one of each figure, then large numbers of one or two figure being left-over would largely become a thing of the past.

A lot of these companies only have themselves to blame thanks to morons in management. New Zealand Post is whining about mail quantities dropping off, so what do they do - raise prices and cut services, and then wonder why even fewer people are using them. :rolleyes:

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
A lot of these companies only have themselves to blame thanks to morons in management. New Zealand Post is whining about mail quantities dropping off, so what do they do - raise prices and cut services, and then wonder why even fewer people are using them. :rolleyes:

Australia Post is doing the same thing. Make things cheaper and more people will use the service :)

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
I went into Target today. The only Rebels items they had were the helmets and the Inquisitors lightsaber. They also had those Star Wars Command items. I was told by them that Rebels figures wont arrive now until November 1st. Apparently there is a huge shortage world wide.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Had a call from my local Toyworld that they have received some of the Star Wars Rebels two packs. I'll head in today and check, hopefully these are the correct figures.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Hooray, they had a lot of Star Wars Rebels figures, however only one from the actual show. All the others were from the rest of the saga in the Rebels branded packaging. I bought Zeb with Stormtrooper in the twin pack :)

971lw9.jpg

Last edited:

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Are those the NZ prices?

Only Zeb, Sabine and Hera are available in the twin packs, they come with a Stormtrooper.

I only need to get the following;

Ezra
Kanan
Agent Callus
The Inquisitor
Chopper
Hera with Stormtrooper

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yep, those were New Zealand prices from the ToyCo website (and presumbly in-store - they have got 20% off "almost everything" until this coming Sunday 2 November), but that image is from about two weeks ago when they first arrived and the website is now showing "Out of Stock" on most of those figures and some others in the similar Stormtrooper helmet packaging.