GONK Droid

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here are a few pics of the GONK Droid I built this summer. I need to dig up some pics from all sides....been busy and they've gotten buried on the computer somewhere. It's inspired by the Kenner Power Droid, but with a more realistic shape like the movies. There were several different gonk droids seen in the original trilogy, with no less than five different ones in ANH alone. As it turns out, the one that most resembles the Kenner toy seems to be walking in the backgound of the Death Star hangar when the Scanning Crew is preparing their gear.

10577200614_11b3c36d06_z.jpg

10577417673_7d6758b152_z.jpg

10577199764_5c3867cfe5_z.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
The four red buttons on the front light up sequentially, and when you press them, he talks. I got him set up to play Gonk noises (sandcrawler), Gonk being tortured (ROTJ), bad motivator (R5-D4), and the Cantina Music.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Here are a few pics of the GONK Droid I built this summer. ... It's inspired by the Kenner Power Droid, but with a more realistic shape like the movies. There were several different gonk droids seen in the original trilogy, with no less than five different ones in ANH alone.

So a "GONK droid" design in this case means "Going On No Known Droid" design. ;)

Edit: It looks like this new(er) version of Firefox lets me post messages here, so I can annoy you all again. :)