Clone Wars Trailer

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member

http://starwars.com/news/swce-2013-...nd-seasons-1-5-box-sets-coming-this-fall.html

Just announced at Star Wars Celebration Europe: the Star Wars: The Clone Wars box sets you're looking for.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Five, the final season of the hit series, will release on October 15, 2013, on Blu-ray (2-disc, $59.97 MSRP) and DVD (3-disc, $49.98 MSRP). The collection delivers all 20 episodes, two as director's cuts never seen on TV, and supplements them with a host of behind the scenes bonus materials, cast and crew interviews, and deleted and alternate scenes, revealing the magic behind the making of the cutting-edge series.

In its Emmy-winning fifth season, the gripping Star Wars story moves closer to the grim events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and several major players face their destinies as the galaxy plunges into darkness. Planets are rocked by revolution, ancient Jedi secrets are explored, and Ahsoka Tano -- the spirited Padawan so central to the series -- faces a major crisis that will change her forever.

For those wanting to relive every moment of the epic series from the beginning comes the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-5 Collector's Edition, also releasing on October 15, 2013, on Blu-ray (14-disc, $149.99 MSRP) and DVD (19-disc, $119.98 MSRP). All previous complete season sets have been collected here for the first time. With unique packaging, the Collector's Edition also includes a brand new 54-page Art of The Clone Wars booklet that showcases concept art from across all five seasons, with many pieces never before published.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't bought any of the prior seasons, so the collector's edition may be box set I'm looking for.

I'm under the impression that there's some uncompleted content that was slated for season 6 (doesn't appear to be part of this release).

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
the Collector's Edition also includes a brand new 54-page Art of The Clone Wars booklet that showcases concept art from across all five seasons, with many pieces never before published.

D'oh!! Yet another duplicate set we "have" to buy just to get the "exclusive" stuff. :(

I'm under the impression that there's some uncompleted content that was slated for season 6

The season 6 material wasn't officially going to be there, but Dave Filoni said he was hoping he could organise something.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
D'oh!! Yet another duplicate set we "have" to buy just to get the "exclusive" stuff. :(

With a lot of shows, especially Star Wars related stuff, you're rewarded for waiting until the end and buying the special set. The powers that be would be smart to figure out a way for people that have supported a particular show by buying the DVDs/Blu-Rays all along the way to get the extra material at a reduced cost. I can only think of one example where this was done ... owners of the extended edition Lord of the Ring box sets were able to pay shipping and still get the slipcase that came with the entire set after all 3 movies were complete.

As it stands, I didn't buy individual seasons of Lost or any of the Harry Potter movies (as examples). I just waited until the cool set came out after the entire show was complete. Not sure that's the behavior studios want to encourage.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Except the individual season sets (or at least some of them) have "exclusive" artwork books too, although I don't know if all of that will be included in the Complete Set version.

Equally annoying is where you're buying ther series as it goes along (Harry Potter for example, not that I've bought those) and the swines keep chaging the design so none of them match ... or even worse you buy a "complete-so-far" set which has space for the next moive (for example the James Bond collection, which I haven't bought either) and then when the enxt movie is released it doesn't match the rest. :(

Of course, then there's the sort-of reverse, where I'm STILL waying for a proper release of the Droids and Ewoks animted shows. :(

As proper cheaper, unlimited data broadband plans become common place, the whole DVD industry will largely disappear as most people move to just downloading shows / movies, but personally I prefer to own a physical copy.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, they changed the Stargate SG-1 packaging for the last couple of seasons. That was mildly annoying. I'd like to see SG-1 get the same treatment ST:TNG is currently getting for blu-ray (unlikely to happen).

I also prefer a physical copy because I want to 'own' it and watch it as much as I'd like. That's probably not in the cards for the future though.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yep, same with software. Apple don't sell boxed copies of the operating system anymore, and Adobe have now switched their silly "download and rent" scheme. :(