Toys R Us exclusive Death Star Mighty Beanz tin

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
5577972161_073a57f7d3.jpg
Toys R Us has a new exclusive Mighty Beanz store case. This time it is a Death Star tin that can hold 30+ Beanz. It comes with exclusive Death Star Gunner and Grand Moff Tarkin Beanz, and retails for $24.99.​
The previous TRU exclusive, the Millenium Flacon plastic storage case, is no longer exclusive and can be purchased at Target and other retailers.​
Also of note, TRU now carries Mighty Beans advertising Clone Wars contents. These are the same packs that were Walmart exclusives last year. They now have a generic Clone Wars sticker placed over the Walmart exclusive sticker.​

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Found some Clone Wars packs (with the covered-up Walmart stickers) at Target, and noticed some assortments previously not available at Walmart. Included are packs with a Stormtrooper, Tusken, and Gamorrean visible. I needed the Wave 2 Stormtrooper pack, so I picked it up as a test. Inside it had the Stormtrooper, AT-AT Driver, Han Carbonite, and Clone Wars Obi-Wan. So, nothing new in this one....but I did get the two beanz I needed.

Now the question is will any of these updated Wave 2 packs have the elusive Aurra Sing, TX-20, Zombie Geonosian, or Nahdarr Vebb Beanz that have been popping up on eBay?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Now the question is will any of these updated Wave 2 packs have the elusive Aurra Sing, TX-20, Zombie Geonosian, or Nahdarr Vebb Beanz that have been popping up on eBay?

Nope, because they're all has-Beanz. ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Star Wars Mighty Beanz packs have recently shown up in the New Zealand Kmart and ToyWorld shops. They look quite nice and don't take up much room (unless that Death Star case turns up here), but they're randomised packs where you can only see one of the Beanz. Why can't greedy companies simply sell things normally?? I don't want a load of doubled-up characters, so I won't be buying these at all. :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Actually, they are NOT random. :) Head over to our friend Todd's website for a visual guide and pack checklist. http://starwarsguide.net/

There are a few packs whose contents have not been determined yet. Following the release of series 1 and 2, Walmart had an exclusive series of 8 or 12 sets, I think. They were the same as previous waves, but had one specific bean removed and replaced with a Clone Wars bean. Since then, they have had new generic Clone Wars stickers placed over the Walmart exclusive stickers and are available at all retailers, but they seem to have the same contents. A few "new" packs not seen at Walmart have surfaced, but have the same 5-6 Clone Wars beanz inserted.

Supposedly a new wave of Beanz is shipping, but I have yet to see them anywhere.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Thanks for that link "Mr Beanz" ;) but now I'm a bit confused. We seem to have different or mixed up packs to that list.

The Mighty Beanz packs have now also turned up at Famers (Albany) priced at $9.99 each, making it the cheapest price ($12 at Kmart and $10.99 at The Warehouse). Famers (Albany) also has the Darth Vader Collector's Tin priced at $34.99 (hold 40 Beanz and comes with two "exclusive" Beanz).

Here in New Zealand they've just released 15 Star Wars Mighty Beanz 4-packs (US$7.92 each is the cheapest price) with these Beanz visible:
  • Luke Skywalker
  • Princess Leia
  • Han Solo
  • Chewbacca
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (old)
  • Darth Vader
  • R2-D2
  • C-3PO
  • Yoda
  • Jabba the Hutt
  • Jawa
  • Snow Trooper
  • Clone Trooper
  • Battledroid
  • General Grievous
Today I also found the Darth Vader Collector's Tin (US$27.75) with two exclusive Beanz. I'm not sure whether or not I want to collect these - as usual we'll probably get left out of future packs and certainly some exclusives. :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Interesting. You've spotted two packs that definitely aren't on the list: Jawa and Snowtrooper. Those particular beanz have been available previously, but not as the visible one. I'd be curious to find out what the contents of those packs are. If you decide to get them, please post what you find.

Do you recall if the packs had any stickers on them (like red Clone Wars stickers denoting a Clone Wars bean inside)?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There's no stickers, and there's also no multiple languages like the American packs have. Maybe we've got Australian versions or British versions. The packs look like this image from an Australian webstore (obviously without their image copyright stamp across it) ...

2q0svao.jpg

I probably won't get them. As well as the inevitable disappointment at having yet another incomplete collection, I'm baulking at the price (even with 20% off this weekend), especially when the normal Beanz are on the next peg at the same price with two more per pack. If they were cheaper, had the two more Beanz, or even if they had released them as two separated waves, then I might have bought them, but 15 packs and the Darth Vader Tin in one go is US$122 (it also doesn't help that I had to pay out US$820 last month for car service and cambelt replacement :().

I noticed today while having another look at them that they have a code stamped into the back of the card at the bottom. All the packs of each visible character seemed to have their own code, e.g. all the Luke ones were something like 23-7770, all the Jabba ones were something like 21-7707. That could just be batch numbers, or the first two could be pack numbers (some webstores are selling them as "Pack #13" or "Pack #11").

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Interesting. Yeah, you must have a package intended for non-North American release. I would think the contents would be the same. We jsut haven't seen those two packs here, so I have no idea what's in them. These are fun to collect, but are guaranteed to be more expensive than anyone wants to pay, and already has a rare mail-away droid set that is unavailable now, that many collectors were unable to get. :(

$122 is not a bad price though...considering US retail price would have been about $100 for that lot.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The US$122 price includes this holiday weekend's 20% discount. Normally (although that particular chain of stores has a near-continuous "sale") and in other shops selling them they're more expensive at about US$150. :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
That sucks. Well...if you ever do decide to collect Buzz, let me know and I can try and help you avoid purchasing any duplicates....or trade you some of mine.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Thanks for the offer. I am still thinking about those ... along with a new Apple laptop (10% off this weekend at one reseller) and a new TV (the analogue broadcast signal is being switched off soon, so I need a Freeview capable TV or set-top box) ... probably end up doing nothing about any of those this weekend though.

I forgot ... I did spot a "mega-ultra-rare" Beanz pack on Friday. There was one pack where the "visible" Beanz character was The Force. ;)

Somehow during the manufacturing process the pack had ended up without a visible Beanz (you could still hear the hidden ones rattling around). There was no sign that it had been opened and the Beanz stolen or dropped out, as sometimes happens in shops.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Well, you forced me into it. ;)

I did go out buy the Star Wars Mighty Beanz packs on Friday (at a discounted price) and opened them all up today. :) The Star Wars and normal Beanz don't seem to be selling very well here with pegs still full of them and the normal Beanz accessories (Snake tracks and vehicles).

The packs I bought here in New Zealand contained these Beanz characters (visible Beanz first in bold):
  • Darth Vader Collector's Tin with #80 Darth Vader (Lightsaber) and #81 Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
  • #01 Luke Skywalker, #13 501st Legion, #31 Padme Amidala, #46 Max Rebo
  • #02 Han Solo, #15 Stormtrooper, #32 Darth Maul, #47 Luke Rebel Pilot
  • #03 Princess Leia, #17 Gamorrean Guard, #33 Anakin Skywalker (Jedi), #48 Sebulba
  • #04 Darth Vader, #19 Boba Fett, #34 2-1B, #52 Jar Jar Binks
  • #05 R2-D2, #21 Sandtrooper, #35 Han Solo (Carbonite), #53 Dengar
  • #06 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old), #23 Mace Windu, #36 Cantina Musician, #54 Kit Fisto
  • #07 Yoda, #14 Commander Cody, #37 Bossk, #49 Rancor
  • #08 Chewbacca, #16 Admiral Ackbar, #38 Lando Calrissian, #50 Ponda Baba
  • #09 Jabba the Hutt, #18 Count Dooku, #39 Biggs Darklighter, #51 Princess Leia (Jabba's Slave)
  • #10 Battle Droid, #20 Greedo, #40 Jango Fett, #55 Ki-Adi-Mundi
  • #11 C-3PO, #22 Anakin Skywalker (Child), #41 Bib Fortuna, #56 Jek Porkins
  • #12 Clone Trooper, #24 AT-AT Driver, #42 IG-88, #57 Nien Nunb
  • #25 General Grievous, #26 TIE Pilot, #43 Emperor Palpatine, #58 Salacious Crumb
  • #27 Snow Trooper, #28 Wicket, #44 Qui-Gon Jinn, #59 Watto
  • #29 Jawa, #30 Tusken Raider, #45 Rancor Keeper, #60 Queen Amidala
I only bought one of each pack, but since that gave me all of the first 60 Beanz (plus the two Darth Vader case ones), I'm guessing you're correct about them not being randomly packed. It's a bit of a pain having 62 Beanz and the Darth Vader case only holding 42.

Now I'll have to play the "wait and see game" of whether or not we ever get any more packs, the above Death Star case, and the Falcon case and Lightsaber tracks that you just posted about in another topic.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Here are photos of the 42 Beanz in the two halves of the Darth Vader Collector's Tin.

rm33ol.jpg

9vk4k7.jpg

I did take some photos of the other Beanz, but they came out far too over-bright and unusable - it's an old camera not too good at close detail and I should have turned the flash off too ... but then the camera's batteries died (I only just managed to get enough juice to transfer the images to the computer one by one by continually turning the camera back on when it self-shutoff). :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Very cool Buzz! Glad to hear to caught the Mighty Beanz bug. And now....I have to say....you suck! :p You don't realize how easy you had it. Due to the assortments available to you there in NZ, you were able to buy 15 packs and basically get a complete set 1-60. I'm still missing 8 of those 60, because they were only available here for a limited time, or were bumped out of the pack to make room for the Clone Wars beanz.

We've had three different assortment here in the US. I did get lucky and snag bunch of the Walmart packs on clearance, but I've had to buy numerous duplicate Beanz to get only 1 or 2 I needed out of the pack. :( To make matters worse, the 8 I need would require me to buy 8 different packs over there. :p

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Okay, first off, do you mind if I share your data over on SW Guide.net for everyone to see?

Secondly, would you be interested in buying some of the packs I need in trade for some US stuff (saber tracks, Falcons, Death Star, Clone Wars beanz?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yep, you can copy those pack contents anywhere you want to. Another person on the Star Wars New Zealand forum bought them as well and got the same content, so that pretty much confirms they are not-random packed. I'm assuming Australian packs are the same.