[News] No more Galactic Heroes

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Apparently the Toy Fair in America brought the official end to the Galactic Heroes line :( ... but Hasbro is releasing sort-of similar deformed / kiddy Jedi Force figures instead, so start saving to re-buy all the figures and vehicles.

These are from Playing With My Galactic Heroes ...

This is the end…
February 12, 2011

Instead of Toy Fair bringing us exciting news about upcoming releases for the Galactic Heroes line, it has brought us quite the opposite. Yes, our pint sized line is being shelved. In its place will be some figures similar to the Jedi Force ones from a couple years ago, but made smaller. Disappointing news, to say the least. Thanks to The Stolen CCG License for the news.

A Look at the New Jedi Force
February 16, 2011

There’s little doubt that Toy Fair was disappointing for me - it brought us the end of the Galactic Heroes. Perhaps I suspected that this was coming since we’ve had absolutely no news about the line for months, but I certainly didn’t want to believe it. So it’s taken me a couple days to adjust to the news. (Sheesh, you’d think a family member had died the way I’m acting).

So what are we left with? Hasbro is going to replace the line to compete head to head with Fisher Price’s Imaginext line by creating figures that are in a similar style, renaming the line as Jedi Force.

It’s taken me a little time to look at these figures objectively, but I can see these are actually pretty neat looking figures. They have much more articulation than the Galactic Heroes figures did, making them easier to fit in the accompanying vehicles. They’ve actually reissued the Snowspeeder and Anakin’s Starfighter, so obviously the vehicles will continue to fit right in with the Galactic Heroes ships we’ve already got. I guess I’m feeling renewed optimism.

To give you a look at these figures, I’m linking you to the pics taken by Jeff at Han’s Hideout. He’s done a great job of showcasing these new figures, including Hasbro’s other Playskool Heroes lines: Marvel Comics’ Super Hero Adventures and Transformers’ Rescue Bots.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I'm sad about the end of GH, but my wallet is happier. I have no interest in that Jedi Force line. But now I can just make sure I have the most complete GH collection as possible! I went out and bought the Kamino and Purchase of the Driods Cinema Scenes (which I was going to skip since it was mostly repacks) after I read that it was ending. I got the last ones of each at Toys R Us, so that was good.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There's still quite a few of the 2-packs around in shops down here and a couple of the AT-ATs on bargain shelves (although only slightly cheaper) if you're looking for anything in particular.

I haven't looked at the pictures of those Jedi Force ones yet, but I simply haven't got the room to store an more stuff, which is why I didn't collect the Galactic Heroes ... in many ways I would have preferred those instead of the 3 3/4" figures.

This also means the occasionally rumoured animated Galactic Heroes TV show won't be happening either. :( I thought it would have been a great idea for a kids show and spin-off computer games (along the line of the Lego games and Super Bombad Racing).

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
The only thing I am looking for is a Princess Leia figure in her white dress (I want to customize it). But that one is so old I don't know if it'd be on the shelves there. I haven't looked on eBay yet. :p

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
We're also looking for the GH AT-ST. It was planned to be a Kohl's exclusive this past fall..but was cancelled. However, it did turn up in England or Europe apparently. If they happen to be available in NZ, let us know. :)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
We're also looking for the GH AT-ST. It was planned to be a Kohl's exclusive this past fall..but was cancelled. However, it did turn up in England or Europe apparently. If they happen to be available in NZ, let us know. :)

I forgot about that one... I bet it'll never come to the U.S. now!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I can't recall ever seeing the AT-ST. There's still a few AT-ATs around and quite a few of the 3 3/4" scale vehicles (TIE Fighter, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter).

Quite a few GH Padme's around, but no Leia so far.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Maybe some good news for you guys from the Playing With My Galactic Heroes website about the AT-ST ...

AT-ST: US bound (May 17, 2011)
A big surprise greeted AaylaSecurasMan from the Rebelscum forums when he found an AT-ST at his local Toys R Us! It was priced at $34.99, but did not have a “TRU Exclusive” logo on it, so it’s tough to say whether it will see general distribution or not. He reports finding only 2 at each of a few TRUs in Arizona, so it will likely be fairly limited wherever it does show up. Good luck in your hunt!