Spam

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Working on it. Borsk is actually out the country right now and can't hunt down any spammers for a few more days. However, he has stopped any new registration temporarily. So...no new spammers can sign up.....but any existing accounts can still be used. :( Feel free to "report" different spammer IDs as you see em so they can be rounded up and disintegrated later.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm certainly not pleased with the volume of spam we've been getting lately and it was obviously bad timing for this sort of thing. I believe we should be good now until I can deal with it permanently when I get back.

...posting this from a tablet on the "ferry boat from hell" off the island of Cozumel.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Everything should be cleaned up. If you notice spam that I've missed, please report it. If I've inadvertently deleted something that you've posted in the last few days, let me know about that as well.

I've also implemented some additional methods to ward off spammers. Hopefully, they work.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I've only seen two Russian(?) posts recently and reported both. Could just be a left-over account that was missed in the last clean-up.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There's been more spam posts from Yandex and .ru email addresses - only one a day for the last few days, which I've been deleting with the Spam option.