Star Wars Episode VII gets official title

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It's a typically vague title, so not really a spoiler, unless you don't want to know the title (but it will be appearing everywhere from now on).

From ComingSoon.net ...

Star Wars: Episode VII Officially Titled
Walt Disney Studios and Lucasfilm have announced today, following the completion of principal photography, that Star Wars: Episode VII is now officially titled "Star Wars: The Force Awakens".

Presumably that should be "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" ... unless JJ Abrams / Lucasfilm have decided not to include it as part of the official Saga, but as a spin-off movie.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Episode VII will appear only in the opening crawl, not in any of the marketing I've heard. This is to distant itself away from the prequels which has emphasis on the episode number.

I'm not crazy about the title however, doesn't have any impact on me. Lets hope it grows on me.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It'll be a pain in the sit-upon if the idiots change the logos yet again just so they can release yet another version of the older movies with matching logos to the new ones. :(

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The title is uninspired and bland. As long as the actual move can't be described that way, I won't care about the title.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
"The Force Awakens" ... is it really any more bland than the others? Then again, since the Force has already been "Unleashed" in games, maybe "Awakens" is rather pathetic - maybe the Force is getting sleepy in its old age. ;)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
"The Force Awakens" ... is it really any more bland than the others?

In regards to titles...

The Empire Strikes Back ... good
Return of the Jedi ... good
Revenge of the Sith ... good
The Phantom Menace ... unusual, but not bland
Attack of the Clones ... extra cheesy, but not bland
A New Hope ... bland, but also unimportant since it was tacked on later
The Force Awakens .... blander

It's not necessarily 'out of place' compared to the other titles. It's just not particularly exciting (to me anyway).

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, the title does nothing for me one way or the other. Considering all the titles they have for books, games, comics, etc, it's getting pretty hard to come up with something exciting and completely original. While I am looking forward to the new movies, I'm still optimistically cautious about getting my hopes up over anything new. My way of combating that seems to be indifference until something actually happens. :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Star Wars: Episode VII - I Have A Bad Feeling About This

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Possibility of Successfully Changing Creators is 2467 to 1

Star Wars: Episode VII - After George

;)